- Taylor Swift’s best (and affordable!) outfits
- I can’t wait to go to London’s first cereal cafe
- Oh Happy Day! has some adorable holiday bag + tag printables
- My dream: IKEA + the movies
- Do you have one of the 19 most popular tattoos of 2014?
- Um rude…Why lefties make less
- Design Well looks awesome
See your friend’s top tracks on Spotify
- 22 must haves for girls who only wear black
- Something I never even knew I wanted: The Helvetica watch!
- In case you missed it:
- Weekend Inspo:
- How To: Wrap a present
- Make: Easy Oreo Truffles
- Wear: This great go-to holiday look from Because I’m Addicted
- Hear: One Direction’s holiday playlist
I don’t have very much to say in the way of personal bits this week. I’ve been fairly tame and boring. I did have a bit of an episode with a jumping spider just yesterday, and I must admit, jumping spiders are literally the worst things in the world. I don’t even know why they exist. It scampered off and I haven’t seen it since. I get the jitters just thinking about it being somewhere in my dwelling just waiting to attack again. Gross…
- 25 Lessons Learned from Robin Williams Characters
- I loved this week’s TED Radio Hour on happiness. It’s well worth the listen.
- Thanks to the TED Radio Hour mentioned above I learned you can now Track Your Happiness
- Are you fluent in emoji?
- What your ponytail says about you. I’m kind of a high ponytail kind of gal.
- How great are oxblood nails? If only I could find this great of a polish shade…
- Tom Hanks released a typewriter app
- BRB turning my selfies into GIFs to annoy my friends.
- Weekend Recipe: Roasted Tomato and Feta Guacamole
- Weekend Hair Inspo: Awkward Peach
- Weekend Tunes: Bleach Bar playlist from the coolest pop up bar I’ll never be able to go to.
- Come talk this week’s Pretty Little Liars with me over at Screen Spy
- In case you missed it: Noteworthy 003, Back to School: Apartment Essentials, 5 Things: Banned in the 90s, Friday Favorites: Urban Outfitters
River Thames by Club Monaco
I’m most excited to see Wish I Was Here this weekend and have some relaxing time to watch bad television. Okay and maybe productively catalogue some recipes I have just thrown about all over the place. But for now here’s some important/interesting internet things.
- NPR wrote an interesting piece on how we choose our friends
- Silicon Valley wants to split California into 6 states
- VMA nominations are out if you are into that sort of thing
- How cool is this Lego Super Mario Bros aquarium?
- Half the world actually prefer…GASP..INSTANT COFFEE?
- Watch: Drake sing Let It Go from Disney’s Frozen
- How adorable are Olivia Wilde and baby Otis?
- The Wonder Years is finally coming to DVD! Bless you, DVD Gods.
- 73 Questions with Olivia Munn and her beautiful LA home.
- You can build a smoker from a file cabinet
- I cannot wait for the new season of Homeland
- Weekend outfit inspiration: 9 ways to wear denim shorts
- Weekend Tunes: Pitchfork Fest Playlist or July’s mix
- My thoughts on this week’s Pretty Little Liars
- In case you missed it: 12 Things I Can’t Live Without, Noteworthy 002, & Friday Favorites: Crate & Barrel
Image Credit: Visual Echoes
Hello again! It’s time for the Weekender. I don’t have very much to say this morning because I’m quite tired, so let’s just get on with it.
- Who is your music festival style icon? I got Alexa Chung.
- Also find out how tragic your fashion past is. Hey, the 90s were really questionable time for fashion which is why I got a 36/93.
- Sure, wine comes in a box but how about wine in a can?
- According to Fast Company, we are waking up all wrong.
- Prince George’s adorable baby game is so strong
- The trailer for Zach Braff’s Wish I Was Here has arrived. I’m really kind of excited about it.
- Spoilers ahead: If you’ve seen the latest Captain America flick you know all about Hydra, but now here’s the best of the Hail Hydra meme
- What are the most popular drinks at Starbucksaround the United States?
- Stephen Colbert will be taking over The Late Show in 2015, but Wired wonders are we ready for it?
- Here’s a great animation about design
- Mad Men returns TOMORROW! (Finally) And how cool is this draining highball glass they are using in promotion?
- In case you missed it: Two Mixes this week Throwback Thursday and Coachella 2014
Photo credit: The Dapper Project
- Have you heard of 100 Happy Days yet?
- Breaking science news!!!: Bill Nye, Barack Obama, and Neil Degrasse Tyson took a selfie
- Can coffee help with hydration and memory?
- Watch kids reenact this years Best Picture nominees
- BRB I need to make these 4 ingredient Nutella brownies
- Taco Bell is getting breakfast ya’ll and it launches at the end of this month.
- What if Her took place in 1995?
- Space is cool. See this photo of North Korea shrouded in darkness from NASA
- WEEKEND MUSIC: Kanye West was on Late Night with Seth Myers and performed a career spanning melody.
- oh and YEEZUS is going to be a film out this summer.
- Watch HAIM cover Beyonce
- and watch their new video for If I Could Change Your Mind. That choreography is pretty killer.
- As always what I thought of this weeks New Girl
I just want to live in this photo
- This is one brilliant Girl Scout
- How to: Have British Style
- Tumblr Recommendation: Things That Are Cheaper Than Whatsapp. Seriously is it realllllllly worth billions?
- Remember the Ninja Rap? Remember when you still ate shaped Kraft macaroni? Vanilla Ice’s new commercial does
- I love this: Brand Minimalism
- It’s here! History of Rap 5!
- Also watch Will Ferrell’s Downton Abbey themed figure skating routine.
- How many foods sold at Walmart would be banned at Whole Foods?
- A playlist for your weekend: Artists You Need to Know by Madewell
- You may have missed: Find out my Most Anticipated Movies of 2014 over at TVEA, I posted a new mini playlist on Soundcloud, and my favorite Things
Have a great weekend.
Ah, the weekend. Such a short yet adventurous (or relaxing time) and now, for days, on our televisions we get to see all the bobsledding and curling we can handle. Hooray for the Winter Olympics, am I right? Okay, maybe that was a bold statement.
- 14 wardrobe essentials every woman needs
- If Instagram was around in the 80s our photos would be much, much worse.
- Have some free time? Watch some famous audition tapes
- Marc Jacobs is opening a pop-up that accepts tweets as payment?
- 50 years ago The Beatles came to America and changed our lives, FastCompany shares what they inadvertently taught us about business
- Facebook turned 10. Take a look back at their greatest innovations
- Speaking of Sochi, Moments from the Opening Ceremonies and my personal favorite, journalist tweets
- Love Buzzfeed lists? Here’s a list of Buzzfeed’s listiest lists
- Shameless Self Promotion: New Girl had two episodes this week: Super Bowl Special (with Prince!) & Exes, I finally watched The Notebook, Oh, and an recent January Playlist
The first full week of 2014 has gone by so quickly. Actually, that’s a lie. It was fairly slow, and I spent a majority of my vacation catching up on television shows I had missed. Why waste any more time, here’s some of my favorite things on the internet this week.
- Some of us are still quite bitter our parents would never buy us an American Girl doll (it’s a long story), but for those who had one of the originals how much is your American Girl Doll worth now?
- Del Taco is introducing turkey tacos.
- I’ll just leave this here: 16 Modern Day Signs of a True Friend
- The Atlantic shares the 21 Films to Look Forward to in 2014 and I’m not sure about some of these.
- Parks and Rec celebrated it’s 100th episode last night. Don’t know this wonderful show I’m speaking of? Check out the BEST episodes of Parks and Rec
- How NOT to throw a dinner party with lessons learned from Downton Abbey
- The Selfie Olympics: BEST OF. Seriously….this is a thing.
- Shameless self plug: New Girl is back and you can read my thoughts on this week’s episode here
Have a great weekend! Catch you on the flip side.
It’s a rather chilly and rainy day today and there’s really no better way to handle this than giving every attempt possible at staying in bed. Unfortunately, I’ve pretty much caught up on every television show I have missed in the past couple weeks and can’t possibly make a dent in Breaking Bad (I promised my brother) before the Christmas crazy begins so here we are. A very lazy morning inspired weekender.
- Ever wonder what the top pins of 2013 were on Pinterest? Well, I did and I didn’t know so many people wanted taco cupcakes….
- Did you like 21 Jump Street? Well how about the trailer for 22 Jump Street?
- 22 Jump Street not really your style? Looking for something more…festive? How about Christmas Face instead.
- Infographic of the week: The Most Popular Toys of the Last 50 Years. I had quite a few of these 90s toys.
- No one loves the Yule Log more than my family which is why I’m so pleased to share with them this: The trailer and director’s commentary for the streaming Yule Log on Netflix.
- Grab a tissue because these photos of a father and daughter recreating wedding photos to honor the mother is heartbreaking.
- Finally, my favorite of the week: Google’s Zeitgeist for 2013. It’s been a pretty memorable year and the inspiration part gets me every time.
Just for fun Friday tunes: Midnight Memories live on the X Factor USA Finale. In which Liam changes the words, Louis makes a face, and Harry is just….Harry. The UK one was much better.
Have a good weekend! Bake up some sweets for Christmas. Trust me, it’s fun. And what I will be doing all day Sunday.
Hello all! It’s been awhile hasn’t it? Well, I’m back. As if anyone actually missed this? I decided to go out and live life the last couple weeks. Thanksgiving came and went without any issues which was more surprising than anything. And now that means it’s time for finals. Ugh, please lord no. By finals I mean attempting to complete group projects solo, give nerve wracking presentations, and recall 5 months worth of information all while trying not to cry. So, to ease back into this my lovely blog whom I clearly care so deeply for, I thought I’d do a Weekender.
Let’s see what has happened this week? Amazon announced its dream plans to have our packages delivered by drones. That would be pretty cool except relatively terrifying at the same time. Not only do the drones look super creepy, but it’s going to feed my need to have whatever I want INSTANTLY. You know what I’m talking about right? That moment you order something online but you don’t want to wait however many days for it to arrive via an annoyed UPS driver? Although it would be cool to say, “the Amazon drone is coming.” See, I’m just so conflicted. Moving on more important things to address. A lot of things happened this week, but let’s visit some of my favorite things from around the internet.
- Facebook News: Does Facebook need a sympathize button? and from Fast Co. 7 Facebook statistics you should know about
- Pantone’s color of the year for 2014 is….. Radiant Orchid. Really?
- The best of/end of the year lists are slowly rolling out. Here’s just a few of them:
From Wired: 2013’s most defining moments in music
Reuters has the best photos of 2013
10 Most Viral Tumblr Blogs. Yacht Cats is one of my personal favorites.
From Rolling Stone: 50 Best Albums of the Year I must agree with their number 1. I’m not even sure I will make a list this year. GASP!
- Food + Beverage News: Sriracha Vodka is a thing and its going to ruin lives.
- LOL Grammy Nominations
- In case you missed it: The Saga of Kyle Kinane and Pace Salsa. It was definitely the highlight of my Sunday. /sad
- My favorite from this week: Need a good laugh? Look no further than My Kid’s Insane Christmas Wish List.
Well there you have it. Another weekender has graced us with its presence. I hope you all had an enjoyable holiday and are fully in the Christmas spirit. I promise more exciting things to come this month. Okay maybe exciting is overselling it just a little. Have a great weekend!
PS- If you live in the US, please take a couple hours to have an enjoyable evening with SNL tonight featuring host Paul Rudd and musical guest…..One Direction.
Featured Image via Tumblr