- Starbucks has started mobile ordering…in Portland
- Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2015 is… Marsala
- Chloe really needs this pet bed for Christmas
- Sriracha beer is a thing
- See Spotify’s yea end data and even your year in music.
- I want all of these typography cookie cutters
- What if Wes Anderson directed the new Star Wars trailer?
- Good to know: Hacks for fixing clothes
- Tempted to make Peppermint Pretzel Marshmallow Fudge for this year’s holiday party
- 26 of the best Twitter reactions to Peter Pan live
- In case you missed it:
- Weekend Inspo:
I must admit I am not very good at this whole beauty routine thing. I’m just excited I remembered to wash my brushes this morning. Recently I was bamboozled into a Sephora rewards card by a lovely salesgirl who really had nothing else to do. No seriously, I was the only person in the store at the time and she was really not going to let me leave without one. So now that I’ve had this fancy membership thing for the last few months I’ve found myself browsing their site and heading to the store a bit more. I guess their little plan worked, so just in time for the holiday season, some of my favorite things currently available at Sephora.
1. Sephora Favorites Gift Set 2. Elizabeth & James Nirvana rollerball 3. Urban Decay Naked3 palette 4. Butter London Trout Pout nail colour 5. Smashbox Primer 6. Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara 7. Eye Brush Capsule 8. Yves Saint Laurent Touché Eclat concealer
Fall means I can finally wear some of my favorite make up products. It’s a true joy to finally get to wear foundation without it melting off my face simply by stepping outside. So let’s get talking about my new favorite makeup items, shall we?
Nude Lipstick: I can’t exactly pull off lipstick in any capacity. I tried trendy pink lips this summer and every time I looked in the mirror, I just felt like I had sloppily eaten a Popsicle and hastily forgotten to wipe my mouth. Enter nude lipstick: my savior. This also happens to be one of MAC’s most popular shades which means countless others can agree with me about it’s greatness. Not ready to shell out $16 for lipstick? NYX makes an equally great, cheaper alternative. MAC, $16
Burgundy Nail Polish: Dark nail polish is kind of my thing in the fall/winter and Essie’s new fall line is all love/hate for me. Without many options I turned to Carry On which is a rich burgundy color which I prefer to their current shades. Essie, $8.50
False Eyelashes: I purchased these false eyelashes at Target on a whim for Halloween. I didn’t particularly dress up, but I thought it would give a added extra to my look for the night. If anything make me look more dark and mysterious. These weren’t bothersome, fairly lightweight, and I feel like I will be using them again come holiday party season. Even if I’m horrible at applying false lashes…. Eylure, £7.10
Natural Moisturizer: My skin hates everything…except Neutrogena Naturals. I keep adding in their products as I phase out older ones from my routine. This moisturizer is great. It applies well and isn’t greasy after it sets in. The smell is one of my favorite things about it. Neutrogena, $13.99
Foundation: Ah, foundation. My one true enemy of the make up routine. No one loves a greasy looking face or breaking out like crazy which is my main issue as previously mentioned. L’Oréal’s Dream Lumi foundation does neither of these things. I recently switched to BB cream in order to avoid my skincare issues and with a recommendation I tried this and fell in love. L’Oréal, $12.99
Anyone who knows me can tell you my handbag is a complete disaster. A million Starbucks straw wrappers, unnesessary recipts, movie ticket stubs, and a pleathora of spare coins. When a new semester starts and I switch from bag to bag I try to maintain a certain standard of cleanliness which ultimately a week later fails miserably. So this week for the final installment of Back to Class we are gonna take a look at the things I carry with my in my bag on the daily.
There’s loads of expected things: my keys, my computer, my phone charger, and of course, a snack. I literally have no break this semester. But then there’s the other things that make me super special. Just kidding. They are kind of essential to school life.
1. Sparkling Champagne Waterbottle 2. Sharpie Clear View Highlighters 3. Ray Ban Aviators 4. Urbanears in Coral 5. Hello Kitty flash drive 6. Marc Jacobs wallet 7. BIC ballpoint pens 8. Get Graphic journal 9. TI-83 Plus 10. One Direction spiral notebook (no longer available)
1. Burt’s Bees lip balm 2. hairpins 3. hair ties 4. Maybelline Pin Up Peach 5. hand cream 6. Orla Kiely cosmetics cube 7. Pumpkin Spice Latte hand santizer 8. Advil 9. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb rollerball 10. Rimmel Stay Matte powder 11. Altoids, drugstore. 12. Topshop blush Afternoon Tea