Ah, the dreaded but loved Albums of the Year post. To be quite honest, I’m not entirely sure why I still bother to post it. My friends and I don’t really have lengthy conversations about our favorite albums of the year anymore. With Spotify and iTunes it’s actually really simple to keep track of the albums I loved and listened to bunches over the span of a year. Wow, I don’t seem very convincing to listen to, do I? Just like any other person, I know what I like and this is it. I’m by no means a musical expert. Sure, i know a lot of trivial facts that easily help me win the entertainment/music section of any board game or trivia contest, but I am far from all knowing that one artist sounds like another artist. You know like some well informed music reviewers can very easily do. Anyway, these are my favorite albums of the year. I’m not going to lie. I DID spend a good month straight listening to 1989 and I’m going to be listening to Four until probably forever (it’s just that good).
There’s really no particular order or ranking system although from my last little blurb it’s quite obvious I play favorites with at least two of these albums. I’ve included a link to one of my favorite tracks from each album as well as a link to stream the album on Spotify! Very convenient if I do say so myself.
So enjoy and let me know in the comments what you think of these albums, what some of your favorite albums of 2014 have been, or some albums you are looking forward to hearing in 2015!
- One Direction Four | Listen to: Girl Almighty
- Real Estate Atlas | Listen to: Had to Hear
- Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence | Listen to: Brooklyn Baby
- Future Islands Singles | Listen to: Seasons (Waiting On You)
- Taylor Swift 1989 | Listen to: Blank Space
- Ed Sheeran X | Listen to: Thinking Out Loud
- Jenny Lewis The Voyager | Listen to: Love U Forever
- Banks Goddess | Listen to: And I Drove You Crazy
- FKA Twigs LP1 | Listen to: Kicks
- St. Vincent St. Vincent | Listen to: Birth In Reverse