Ah, one week until Christmas Eve which just so happens to be one of my favorite days of the entire year. Of course not for the most obvious of reasons. Santa is a pretty cool guy though. It also means I’ll be spending a lot of time in the kitchen baking and cooking loads of meals, and attending holiday gatherings. Both of those occasions, at least according to me, require some great tunes which is why I’ve decided to share my yearly Christmas mix. My 2012 mix happens to be my most popular mix ever and I’m really proud of it, so this years fits the same theme and mood. There’s a mixture of classics and some newer versions in addition to some of my all time favorites.
Christmas music tends to be an acquired taste since it’s shoved down our throats beginning the day after Halloween no matter how good or bad the versions may be, so I did my best. I’ve also included one giant four hour long Spotify playlist of all sorts of holiday tunes. I didn’t mean for to be four hours, but sometimes a festive mood just begins to snowball.
Links and tracklisting to follow. Enjoy, and happy holidays!
- The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Michael Buble
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Sam Smith
- River – Joni Mitchell
- Christmas Must Be Tonight – Bahamas
- Real Love – Tom Odell
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy Williams
- Merry Christmas Darling – Christina Perri
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Darlene Love
- The Christmas Waltz – Peggy Lee
- Baby It’s Cold Outside – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
- A Snow Globe Christmas – Pink Martini
- Dear Santa – Mr Little Jeans
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Woody Herman
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Merry Christmas Baby – Otis Redding