Everyone has those products/items we can’t live without let alone stop raving about, right? I’m no expert, but I know which ones I love. They tend to be on the less expensive side. I just can’t bare to spend loads of money on makeup I plan to wash off my face eventually (or that will make me break out) and often I don’t feel like they need to be expensive in order to be effective. Plus, I can spend those hard earned dollars elsewhere in life which I enjoy quite a bit as well. That is unless someone would like to toss me some expensive products to try out. You know, I wouldn’t say no to that. No one would!
If I were to box up some kind of Nicole starter kit these are the things I definitely would include. I can’t live without them, and can’t rave about them enough.
1. Essie nail polishes: Essie makes my favorite polishes. Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows that. For summer I’m constantly switching off (almost weekly) between these three shades: Cute as a Button, Vice Versa, and Sand Tropez.
2. Fudge Urban Powder Styler: Since I dip dyed the ends of my hair pastel pink, I haven’t been able to use my beloved Sea Salt Spray to gain extra texture with my beachy waves. Not only does it provide an adequate amount of texture, but I can also add it to my roots to increase the volume of second day hair rather then using dry shampoo all the time.
3. 3 in 1 face wipes: Because something has to remove the dirt, grime, and makeup after a long day of sweating in the hot summer sun, right? Another alternative: Burt’s Bees wipes.
4. My phone...which is basically attached to my hand at any given moment.
5. Liquid eyeliner: I was 100% against liquid eyeliner from the word go, but I finally gave in and I’m obsessed with it. This Rimmel one draws on smoothly and last quite awhile. It also makes winged lines fairly easily unless you’re an utter perfectionist.
6. Dry Shampoo: I have yet to find a dry shampoo I’m head over heels in love with. Honestly, my bathroom counter looks like a beauty shop. So far, Batiste is in the running for affordable dry shampoos. Another alternative: Dove which smells fresher than most dry shampoos.
7. Mascara: I wear glasses daily so mascara is my best friend when it comes to makeup. This luminous Manga mascara from L’Oréal gives lashes a extra boost of volume.
8. Tinted moisturizer: I was given Sonia Kashuik’s tinted moisturizer as a gift (what a weird gift) and loved it. I haven’t used another tinted moisturizer since. It’s lightweight and provides excellent coverage. Wearing full makeup in the heart of summer isn’t always enjoyable so tinted moisturizer is the way to go. And it doesn’t leave a greasy feel and it has SPF so double duty.
9. Rollerball Perfume: I love perfume rollerballs. They are so convenient to just drop in my bag and go. Sometimes when the summer heat gets too much, you’ve got to have something to freshen up with on the fly. Just maybe don’t let your handbag fall over in the car. I lost my favorite one for 3 days that way.
10. Sunnies: It’s fairly clear by now I live in one of the sunniest places on the planet. I would be insane not to mention sunglasses despite it clearly being a given.
11. Bobby Pins: My hair savior. They are literally everywhere in case of emergencies. Cup holders, my wallet, and even a travel soap holder in my makeup bag.
12. Matte Powder: This is my go-to matte powder. It works better at removing shine better than any other powder I’ve tried.
1. Cute as a Button / Vice Versa / Sand Tropez 2. Fudge Urban powder styler 3. Topshop 3 in 1 face wipes4. iPhone 5. Rimmel liquid liner 6. Batiste dry shampoo 7. Miss Manga mascara 8. Radiant tinted moisturizer 9. Daisy by Marc Jacobs perfume rollerball 10. Steff frames by Wildfox 11. bobby pins 12. Stay Matte pressed powder 13. Bonus: Mango handbag which I desperately want