It’s cliché, but I’m so excited it’s the weekend. Even if I don’t get to take a break from working extra hard. My baby brother had a birthday yesterday. If only he could stop aging because I remember when he was a tiny child who wore Granimals and would put cake all over his face because it made people laugh. Kids are strange. I have a bit of a cold which is par for the course going into spring semester. It happens every year without fail. I saw the film Her and I loved it. I loved it so much I go on and on about it to nearly everyone I speak to until I get so flustered they don’t understand how great it is and I stop talking. Typically I just get the response “yeah but that’s creepy,” but the film is so beautiful and exquisitely filmed and combined with the score ugh just ugh. On the other end of the spectrum I’m obsessed with Channel 5’s Celebrity Big Brother. I’m starting to gather the UK has some pretty zany shows, but I can’t seem to look away from this one! Team Luisa!
But since it’s a weekender, we might as well just get to the links, right?
- Girls Season 3 has begun and you can see the first two episodes for free on YouTube
- We’ve seen the Oscar nominations, but now Honest Titles for 2014s Oscar Nominated Movies
- The Definitive Ranking of Baby-Sitter’s Club Cover Outfits
- Filmmakers talk about the toughest scenes they ever wrote
- Excited for Sherlock Series 3? Throwing a premiere party? How about some British-ish recipes for your party?
- Are you type a? (100% guilty)
- Now that Miley Cyrus is sporting that Nick Carter circa 1998 bowl cut, it’s probably time to discuss 90s hair trends that shouldn’t return. I’m guilty of pulling a few of these back in the day…
- Shameless Plug: My review of this week’s New Girl
Have a great weekend and go see Her.