Long time no see little blog. I had a couple of posts planned this week, but my trusty sidekick, the internet, made that nearly impossible. First world problems, right? Halloween happened. That was pretty cool right guys? I spent the night with friends and Father John Misty. I still don’t know how the room managed to hold not one but TWO Kenny fucking Powers and two Richie Tenenbaums but it did. It’s officially not Halloween until someone is dressed as a Tenenbaum. Overall it was a great holiday. I didn’t get caught in a zombie flash mob this year so I’m counting it as a success. Lou Reed passed away which was surprising and upsetting. A true musical talent. He will be missed greatly, but we will always have his art. Some pretty cool things happened on the internet this week, so let’s get to it.
- My favorite item from this week: What if Wes Anderson made a horror movie?
- Enjoy some amazing dollhouses designed by famous architects
- Uh there’s going to be an emoji art show?
- NEWS FLASH: You can fix a broken nail with a tea bag. My life is has been forever changed.
- The Do Lectures launched their new blog. Definitely bookmarking this.
- According to FastCompany there’s an optimal time to drink coffee. At least my all day every day coffee drinking falls during the optimal time at least once a day.
- Have you listened to Reflektor yet? If not, Slate has you covered. I’ll stay mum for now.
- Shameless Plug: No New Girl this week, but I watched Halloween III: Season of the Witch so you never…ever…have to watch it.
- Friendly reminder (because I’m not ashamed) please buy Story of My Life here and look for the (amazing) video tomorrow! Thank you.
That’s all for this weekend. I can’t believe it’s already November. I’ve got an action packed month ahead of me. It started with my semi-famous pumpkin chili and who knows where it’s going. Catch you on the flip side, loves.
Featured image of the always handsome Leonardo DiCaprio via Tumblr