For the longest time my sister and I have loved everything French. What’s not to love though? It’s romantic, their baguettes are delicious, the nouvelle vague of the 1960s is one of my favorite things, and well, they “hate” us. A couple semesters into college I took a French course figuring I could finally learn to speak the language I love so much. I already know a couple of languages so why not? It was a terrible mistake. The professor wasn’t very good and just made me anxious the entire class which, honestly, was longer than it actually needed to be. I did take away the ability to hold a conversation if ever one ever arises, but other than that I’ll probably have to learn another way. The reason I share this is the latest mix I’ve made is filled with songs in French that I love. One positive about the class was getting to hear many new French artists I haven’t heard of before. She really prided herself on having the ability to expose us to different genres every class. Even rap!
It’s an entirely random mix that spans genres and years. Some are current while others are older. Some are instrumental and others are entirely in French. It’s perfect for a little mental vacation since traveling to Paris definitely costs more than a pair of ear buds. Not that I wouldn’t much rather go to Paris because I would in a heartbeat….
- Si tu vois ma mere – Sidney Joseph Bechet
- Pas Pour Toi – Ava Carrère
- L’Idole – Jacques duTronc
- Camille – Georges Delerue
- Quelqu’un m’a dit – Carla Bruni
- Comment Te Dire Adieu – Françoise Hardy
- Il Secondo Giorno (Instrumental) – Air
- Bonnie & Clyde – Serge Gainsbourg & Brigitte Bardot
- Ma Ligne de Chance (from Pierrot le Fou) – Antoine Duhamel featuring Anna Karina
- Les Cheveux dans les yeux – Cosette
- Moi je joue – Brigitte Bardot
- La Chat du Café des Artistes – Charlotte Gainsbourg
- Le Temps de L’Amour – Françoise Hardy
- Je Suis Folle de Tant T’aimer – Arlette Zola
- Quel mal y a-t-il- à ça – Francoise Hardy
- Ballad du Paris – Francois Parisi
- Les Champs-èlysées – Joe Dassin
- Zou Bisou Bisou – Gillian Hills
*Disclaimer: the Spotify features a few different songs than the original because Spotify doesn’t have all the songs in the original.
Album Artwork via Tumblr