With the my last couple weeks of summer coming to an end quickly I began to realize how sad my summer was. No road trips to interesting places and less adventures than I was hoping. So what kind of expert can I be to make a mix made for road trips? Well, I don’t know you’ll just have to trust me on this one and go with it. I drive a lot in every day life for really boring adult things so I used that as the tester for this mix. I listened to it over a period of weeks, in the heat with windows down. The whole deal or maybe I was just really trying to pretend I was doing something far more interesting than going to the grocery store.
- Young Adult Friction – The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
- Shallow – Beach Fossils
- Morning Light – Girls
- Lillian (Won’t You Play Drums?) – White Fence
- When I’m With You – Best Coast
- Wasting Time – Reading Rainbow
- Flying Into the Sun – Crystal Stilts
- Our Plans – Cloud Nothings
- Bright Lit Blue Skies – Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti
- Weekend – Smith Westerns
- Sometimes – My Bloody Valentine
- Get Away – Dr. Dog
- Let Me Drive – Winter Gloves
- Sun’s Going Down – Shimmering Stars
- Gas on F – White Denim
Hear it over on 8Tracks.
If nothing else, you can just listen to what it would sound like to walk around an Urban Outfitters for 50 minutes without an employee judging you. Have a good Sunday afternoon!