Summer may not be officially here yet, but the 100+ degree temperatures outside have arrived in Arizona. According to the local news it’s possibly record breaking although I think they say that practically every day during the summer. I made a list of my must have things for summer. I’m great at making lists so it seemed like a very logical step. This is probably one of a few to start the season off.
1. Victoria’s Secret Instant Self Tanner. I’m not a giant fan of being pale at the beginning of summer, but I’m also not a big fan of being tinted orange either. To prevent both of these embarrassing situations I researched some self tanners. This one turned out to be a favorite of many. It’s more of a tinted lotion and actually smells great.
2. Essie Turquoise & Caicos nail color. I see this color everywhere and it’s one of my personal favorites. I am absolutely addicted to this nail polish. I’ve been wearing it off and on for months now with no intention of stopping for summer.
3. The smell of coconut is one of my favorite summer things. I practically smell like a walking bottle of Hawaiian Tropic on a daily basis. I’m not going to give away my exact signature summer scent but here is a close alternative: Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Breeze. There’s nothing wrong with smelling like a cocktail on the beach.
4. Speaking of cocktails, it’s not really summer without cocktails. This Limoncello Collins from Food and Wine Magazine sounds absolutely delicious. It combines two of my favorite things: lemons and Gin.
5. I practically live in denim shorts such as these from Target. Not every situation calls for the perfect sundress so these are a great alternative. I know nothing of fashion so I’m not going to pretend I do, but I will certainly be rocking these to adventures in the park this summer.
6. I love these Mimosa Seascape Sneakers from Urban Outfitters. I am in desperate need of replacing my poor dirty white sneakers from last summer. They are perfect for Arizona’s unruly monsoon season where sudden storms make wearing sandals terrifying for me.
7. Sundresses! My go-to clothing item other than shorts. I would absolutely love to wear this dress to a BBQ or to a day shopping trip to the nice mall in town.
8. Sno Cones are one of the best summer treats of all time. Who knew something as simple as flavored syrup poured over ice could be so delicious?
9. Great tunes is something my life could never be without. Right now I’m really digging White Fence. There have been 3 White Fence releases this year so far! Sweet for me and those summer driving or chilled out BBQ adventures. Check out White Fence if you find yourself currently in a musical rut.
10. A good summer reading list. I’m not one for spending my entire summer break reading. In fact, I rarely even read newly released books. I typically spend my time reading books about the most boring subjects imaginable or something at least no longer culturally relevant.
11. I really was going to cut this off at 10, but while browsing the Bath and Body Works website for a coconut scent I discovered (just kidding it was on their homepage) these summer themed candles. Root beer float seemed like the best option of them all. I’m not exactly sure what a “summer boardwalk” or a “beach cabana” type candle would smell like but it exists. Really…summer boardwalk? Does it smell like the Jersey shore? Does summer cabana smell like a rich, older cougar lady by a pool? Just give me my root beer float and I’ll be on my way.
There is my first edition of summer must haves. What are some things you can’t live without during the summer months?
(All images above belong to their respective websites and owners)