Raise your hand if you care about Valentine’s Day! I hate to be negative but fortunately, not everyone shares the same sentiments as greeting card companies and romance novelists. I made this playlist because I’m with the don’t care crowd. My hands are not raised in this situation. So, if you don’t have anyone special or maybe that person just doesn’t feel the same about you as you do about them, this playlist is for you. I’m with you on this one. Instead, just tell people you are celebrating Arizona’s centennial birthday. Big deal that is.
Here is the track listing for the playlist should you not actually want to hear it or it not work (widgets with more than one song just never work for me) and just see what is featured. It was really hard to choose just 20 songs, which is already slightly excessive.
- I Didn’t Understand – Elliott Smith
- I Wanted You to Feel the Same – The Radio Dept.
- Skinny Love – Bon Iver
- Come Pick Me Up – Ryan Adams
- Knife – Grizzly Bear
- A Perfect Sonnet – Bright Eyes
- Does He Love You? – Rilo Kiley
- Someday – The Strokes
- It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue – Bob Dylan
- Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division
- So Long, Marianne – Leonard Cohen
- How Am I Supposed to Live Without You – Michael Bolton
- I Know It’s Over – the Smiths
- 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover – Paul Simon
- Against All Odds – the Postal Service
- You Always Hurt the Ones You Love – Ryan Gosling
- I’m Good, I’m Gone – Lykke Li
- Satellite Heart – Anya Marina
- Bye Bye Love – the Everly Brothers
- Fuck You – Cee Lo Green
Enjoy the playlist if you listen to it!
Edit: Apparently, I can’t go without adding this video.
I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston with beautiful Bodyguard montage featuring Kevin Costner. I dare anyone to try and not sing this like a diva. It’s impossible not to.